Editing Final Images: Libby

16:13

When editing my final imagery I wanted to chose photographs that were all in a portrait orientation even though some of my favourite shots were landscape if these images were to be published as a fashion story in an editorial magazine this format would not be possible.

I drew inspiration when editing my photographs from a series of images by Michael Schwartz of Hailey Gates for Interview Online. Images below and article here. 




I was drawn to the dark aesthetic and thought it would mirror the aesthetic of the model we used during our final shoot. I also thought that this aesthetic and editing style would allow me to mask some of the elements of the location that were distracting and to draw more focus back on to the model and the clothing.

I edited each image in the same way to create cohesion between the shots. I wanted my images to be comparable to current fashion advertisements and so I edited elements of the photographs including the models skin and I made details in the clothing and models face stand out more. I also added a vignette and an iris  blur to draw the viewers eye to the models face and the clothing rather than the surrounding detail. By editing the images I was able to add signs to them which signify a high fashion advertising campaign.

LV

You Might Also Like

0 comments