My Industry Research: Abigail

17:50

For inspiration with regards to the aesthetic of this advertising project, I looked at the work of well known photographer Helmut Newton. I wanted to complete some individual research as I felt this would improve my approach towards the work, ensuring I had plenty of ideas to bring to the table. Last year I purchased a book of Helmut Newton's Polaroids. This book is a collection of a careers worth of fashion Polaroids, some in colour and some in black and white. Although there is a mixture of on location and studio shots, the on location work really reflects my personal desires for this project. By looking into the work of Newton, I was able to understand further the importance of working on location and how this can improve the quality of fashion campaigns. It allows for a fresh perspective with regards to recognising cultural context and the importance of this within the fashion industry. Here are a few of the shots from Helmut Newton's Polaroid book.


You Might Also Like

0 comments